Friday, November 20, 2009

Obama: I May Not Run In 2012


No President since Lyndon Johnson has announced that he would not run for a second term. But, having taken a wrecking ball to the economy and seeing his popularity plummet faster than a post-bender crap, Barack Obama may join LBJ in abdicating the presidency. The Kansas City Star happened upon a little-noticed snippet of an interview Obama gave in China. When asked about his 2012 run, Obama responded wistfully:

"You know, if - if I feel like I've made the very best decisions for the American people and three years from now I look at it and, you know, my poll numbers are in the tank and because we've gone through these wrenching changes, you know, politically, I'm in a tough spot, I'll - I'll feel all right about myself," Obama told CNN's Ed Henry.

"I said to myself very early on, even when I started running for office, I don't want to be making decisions based on getting re-elected, because I think the challenges that America faces right now are so significant," the president also said.

"Obviously, if I make those decisions and I think that I'm moving the country on the right direction economically, in terms of our security interests, our foreign policy, I'd like to think that those policies are continued because they're not going to bear fruit just in four years."

Policies like nationalizing industries; vilifying the free market; expanding disastrous government programs; increasing unemployment; encouraging economic dislocation; layering future generations in crushing debt; ignoring the limits on government codified in the Constitution; and otherwise implementing the Cloward-Piven strategy of crushing capitalism... well, those policies take time, you see.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i`m your permanent reader now